I’m traveling to one of my favorite cities in a few days, LA, and I’m super excited. This trip has become a yearly pilgrimage for me. This is thanks to the fact that I have a friend who lives over there, haha! I tend to go on a Thursday through Tuesday, meaning I’m only taking a carry on with me. As I’m only taking a carry on, my travel makeup bag has to be carry on friendly. This isn’t really a challenge for me as I don’t wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis; I try to keep my makeup as “natural” as possible even while I’m traveling.
I recently bought this cute makeup bag to bring with me from Sweet Water Decor and I’m super happy I found it. It’s so cute and I’m excited to fill it up with makeup goodies. Keep reading if you want to see what I’m bringing with me to LA!
What’s in my travel makeup bag
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done: I don’t wear foundation on a day to day basis, and when I go out I tend to choose something low to medium coverage. I’m pretty lucky that I generally have clear skin and don’t need high coverage. I always bring the Urban Decay One and Done foundation with me while I’m traveling. It does what it says and gives me a perfect complexion without feeling heavy or sticky. It also has some SPF which is great for daytime use.
- Urban Decay Color Correcting Fluid in shade Peach: I suffer from dark under eye circles. Before I go in with concealer, I use the color correcting fluid from Urban Decay to neutralize the purplish tint under my eyes. This is a life saver!
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in light medium: This is pretty much my holy grail concealer. It’s so creamy, blends like a dream, and goes on well over the top of my color correcting fluid!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony: I luckily don’t have to fill in my brows too much, but I reach for this product because of the thinness of the pencil. I don’t have to use a ton of product to fill in my brows and it lasts all day, even through my gym sessions!
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Supermodel: When I want something quick to fill in my brows I reach for this product. It’s also a gel so my brows hold up pretty well with this.
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes in black vinyl: I recently wrote a post about my favorite mascaras. I don’t want to take all of my mascaras and it was hard to choose just one. The Legendary Lashes mascara is my hands down favorite so it’s definitely coming with me.
- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Highlight + Contour Palette: I recently bought this and am in the process of trying this out. I like that it has a bronzing and contouring shade so that I don’t have to take two separate products.
- Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighter: Choosing a highlighter is so hard for me! I have so many that I love and so many in my collection. I told myself I could only bring one and decided to go with this one. It’s a beautiful highlight color, and it’s cheap. If anything were to happen, I wouldn’t be completely sad. Luckily they made these highlighters permanent!
- Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liner in Lovecraft: I’m not much of a ‘lippie’ girl, in fact, I never wear lipstick, liquid or otherwise. When I want a hint of color, I simply use lip liner. I will also mix it in with a lip balm if I want to make it creamier. This lip liner is perfect, it’s nondrying, it lasts, doesn’t bleed and the color selection is amazing!
- Makeup Geek Face Brush Bundle: I bought this set and it practically has everything I would need to bring with me in my travel makeup bag.
- BeautyBlender: Because duh, this is amazing at blending and a must have for any makeup bag!
There you have it! It’s a pretty small list compared to some girls, but I like to carry light and only bring products that I know work for me and that I love.
Let me know in the comments section what you bring in your travel makeup bag!
Shop My Post